Field Tiger Press
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
If writers were endangered species, then we would be conservationists. If writers were Carabaya Stubfoot Toads or Kahuzi Swamp Shrews, then we would be your lowland marsh, your hole-in-the-ground, your sanctuary. In other words, we would be your sanctuary. Although we are but a micro-press in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, we like to think that we are quite resourceful and dedicated. In this sense, we know Field Tiger Press can be a success in gathering great works of fiction and making them known to the world. For more useful tidbits on how to submit and about our publication, read on!
Matt & Jess
- Cohort is an annual anthology that will be published, printed, and bound by Field Tiger Press, a micro-press founded by two MFA students at the University of Alabama MFA program.
- Each person who is published will receive one contributor copy.
- Cohort aims to feature quality fiction from creative writing graduate students around the world (That means you, MA's, MFA's, and PhD's!), and to publish works of fiction that are intelligent, risky, fresh, and fantastic, from any writer who has got the guts to write it (no matter what your educational background does or does not include).
- We do accept previously published work.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions.
- We do accept multiple submissions, because we know how hard it can be to decide sometimes.
- We will read any fiction manuscript under 10,000 words. This includes everything from flash fiction, short stories, and novel excerpts.
- When you submit, please include a brief bio.
Matt & Jess